• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First St Croix KOTC Flat entry - looks like bait?

SteveD

I wasn't expecting much for fish last night with that cold front that moved in. The weather wasn't that bad except it was colder than a well digger's buttocks and on 27 May - gimme a break. It was partly cloudy, winds calm, low of 40 degrees. St Croix continues to drop with water elevation at 677.7' (normal is 675.5') and a water temp of 63 degrees. Sunset was at 2047 with a last quarter moon.

I had hooks in the water at 1940 and the Twins on the radio. I set up on a flat opposite a main channel hole with nice current flow. It was dead with no action, I relocated on the hole a couple of times, I know it holds flats.

At 2225 I finally had a run on a bullhead and set the hook on my first flat of the season. He turned out to be a bit of a wimp but it was my first flat so beggers can't be choosers. He measured out at 27" X 16.5" for a total KOTC score of 43.5.

The Twins blew a lead in the bottom of the ninth when Nathan gave up an inside the park homer. I was cussing at the radio and decided to hunker down and fish until the game was over. The Twins finally won in the 12th inning at 2253. I hung around a little while longer because I had a run and a drop at 2300. At midnight I said the heck with it and headed in.

I entered my Itty Bitty Little One in the KOTC. You have to start somewhere. I'll be out again soon - we need some warm weather. SteveDeMars5-27-08.jpg

Hey Steve,

A flat is a flat! I would bet you will up grade soon!

Quote:
The Twins blew a lead in the bottom of the ninth when Nathan gave up an inside the park homer.

That was a bummer! grin