• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

boat leans left

Okay, I have a 16 foot crestliner fishhawk, 1987 model tiller. I took off the 9.9 kicker motor becuase I don't troll that much and when I do, I use my 74# bow mount trolling motor.... My boat used to track straight when I had the 9.9 on the right side of the main motor, now that the kicker is off, it feels like the boat leans a little left.

My seat is dead center in the boat, do I need to move my seat location to the right a little bit? When I leaned to the right yesterday it felt like it was going straight again.

I wasn't drinking yesterday so I wasn't looped.....

thanks for the help........

ALSO, how does one make an engine holder? I will store my 9.9 kicker motor until I need to use it put it back on the boat. Pictures of homemade engine holders would be great. It is already winterized and ready for long term storage. I have owned the boat 3 years and I have only used it 3 times, and that was in the first year I owned it.

Thanks again everyone

Thanks for the help Brain, you're just jealous 'cause you are smaller than average....

I was gonna move my seat mount anyway since it is a little close to the tiller handle, I always seem to turn the motor off when I turn in my seat.

the batteries and gas tank are all basically on the midline of the boat as well. in fact my bow mount trolling motor was sitting off to the right side of the floor of my boat too.....

BG, Thanks, hadn't thought of that

I got small guys disease. If I had any good pointers to really help I would definately share them.

We need to get out fishing soon. I am thinking about hitting up a small lake in the area thursday after school in search of some bucketmouth bass. Any Ideas Pick?

the batteries and gas tank are all basically on the midline of the boat as well

Any chance you can move them off the center line? That'd help your balance situation...

Might be an option if moving you seat isn't enough...

marine_man