• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Opener?

They might as well have made in June 1st and it wouldn't have made a difference. There won't be ice anyway. This is another one of our brilliant legislators that wanted to get his name on something. These guys have no idea what they are even voting on. If you have ever talked to these guys, there are very few that have any common sense.

I received the following info from the DNR, regarding the non-resident spearing question.

"The following web site contains the bill language that was signed by the Governor dealing with fish and game law changes https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/laws/?id=368&doctype=Chapter&year=2008&type=0 . It is my understanding that they did not pass a law to allow non-residents to dark house spear. To allow it, they would have had to authorize a non-resident dark house license, which I was not able to find on the site."

It is my understanding that they did not pass a law to allow non-residents to dark house spear. To allow it, they would have had to authorize a non-resident dark house license, which I was not able to find on the site."

From my understanding, the bill did not pass. I also heard that the MN Darkhouse Assn did not support the current language of that bill. I heard that the MN Darkhouse Assn prefers language that restricts non resident spearing to states that allow it.

Although I fully support the MN Darkhouse Assn and the hard work they do, I can only hope that they re think this one if this is true.

I have family in AZ that have never been on a frozen lake before. I think it would be wonderful to have them come up north and actually get to spear a fish.

I don't expect AZ to allow Darkhouse spearing on their lakes anytime soon. laugh

Why restrict non resident spearing only to the northern states?

That don't make much sense to me, but I have been wrong in the past.