Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
backtroller1

fiberglass boat / roller trailer

My brother inlaw is looking at a fiberglass runabout, with a roller trailer under it. I think that a bunk style trailer would still be best. Can anyone tell me if I am incorrect on that thinking. I always thought that the roller trailer can damage the hull of a fiberglass boat. Any and ALL input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You are correct in the assumption. Bunks are best for a glass boat. They support the hull evenly and make it a dream to load and unload. Rollers are great for aluminum boats, but not glass. If he is serious about looking at the boat, he should probably have the hull looked at by a professional just to make sure there isn't any damage.

The one point that could be made, if the boat was owned by a person living on the lake and it only spends the winters on the trailer it might be different.

That is the exact case, the seller lives on the lake and it was only on the trailer in the winter months, however, my brother in law would be transporting to different waters. Can a roller trailer be redone and put bunks on instead?

There is nothing wrong with roller trailer that is properly setup to match a glass boat. If you look at a bunk trailer consider how many places the bunk meets a mount. It is at those points that were the majority of weight is being supported.

Now if this trailer is a mismatch and just something used to pull the boat out of the water with and store the boat on during the winter then you might need to replace the trailer or reconfigure or adjust the rollers.

Having said all that, the shape and steps(best area for support)or location of on some glass hulls are best supported with a bunk trailer. On the other hand I had a 25' glass boat where a roller trailer was the best trailer because of the shape of the hull.

I have a 92 Warrior with a Shorelander style roller trailer and it works very well. Amazingly easy to get on the trailer and the hull is fine.

Bunk trailers for glass boats is a bit of a generalization. Depends on the situation.