Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reddog

Hard reset on a LMS 334

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the series of buttons to push to do a hard reset on a 334?

TIA.

R

LMS 334C iGPS Hard Reset

1. Turn unit OFF

2. Press and hold the Zoom IN & Zoom Out keys at the same time

3. Press and hold the PWR key

4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears

Note: This will delete waypoints & trails

From LEI,

A hard reset, consists of holding the pages key and power key till the USA map comes up. This will NOT delete the waypoints in the unit.

my mistake, sorry. misunderstanding of terminology I guess.

so, A hard reset, would be for if you sold your unit, and wanted to dump everything, correct?

Thanks for the NOTE:

Its not my unit, but a friends of mine. It wouldnt show the second menu in either screen. It did after the "soft" reset.

There was/is an update online, to 1.7.0, from what 1.6.

I loaded the update to a card for him, and it should take the update, as soon as you put the card in and boot the machine, correct?

I tried the update on two different cards, and still am seeing v 1.6 in the software version.

Not sure why its not taking the update.

Thanks geno.

R

It should automaticly upload the new version. Make sure the SD card only contains the software upgrade.

And ones its uploads the new version it is not longer on the cards. So your SD card will go back to blank!!!

Central only if you check the box to delete the file after upload. I have one chip that I use just for software upgrades so I say no to deleting that file.

The chip was empty, when I put the update on it. The machine didnt take the update, as it still says 1.6. He'll maybe have to send it in.

reddog,

Try putting the chip in after you power up the locator, the last time I actually had to select it from the menu, browse files.

Before you upload the new files if you have a spare chip back up the way points to the card. I have done several of them for friends and have not had an issue loading up the new software in the units. It does work better if you put the chip in when the unit is on.