• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hard reset on a LMS 334

reddog

Question

9 answers to this question

LMS 334C iGPS Hard Reset

1. Turn unit OFF

2. Press and hold the Zoom IN & Zoom Out keys at the same time

3. Press and hold the PWR key

4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears

Note: This will delete waypoints & trails

my mistake, sorry. misunderstanding of terminology I guess.

so, A hard reset, would be for if you sold your unit, and wanted to dump everything, correct?

Thanks for the NOTE:

Its not my unit, but a friends of mine. It wouldnt show the second menu in either screen. It did after the "soft" reset.

There was/is an update online, to 1.7.0, from what 1.6.

I loaded the update to a card for him, and it should take the update, as soon as you put the card in and boot the machine, correct?

I tried the update on two different cards, and still am seeing v 1.6 in the software version.

Not sure why its not taking the update.

Thanks geno.

R

reddog,

Try putting the chip in after you power up the locator, the last time I actually had to select it from the menu, browse files.

Before you upload the new files if you have a spare chip back up the way points to the card. I have done several of them for friends and have not had an issue loading up the new software in the units. It does work better if you put the chip in when the unit is on.