• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pedestal and Butt Seat Question?

I have a Lund 1800 SE Pro V and would like to buy a pedestal/butt seat for the casting deck. Cabela's has a ton to choose from. What do you guys use and what do you think would work best in my boat? Is it best to get a "Lund" seat or can I go to Cabela's and get a solid one there? Thanks.

Wilderness

Last time I was in Gander they had quite a few different choices of seats as well. Just like Dan stated, it will ultimately come down to personal preference.

I like 2 versions of pedestals-the one I have in front of my boat is the thickest pedestal seat that you can find since I typically lean or sit up there.

If you always stand and rarely sit- check out "control posts" they have a bunch of angles that you can put them at and are pretty neat.

You can't go wrong with the thickest padding possible IMO- my rear deck has a smaller cushion and me and my buddy fight over who gets the cushier pedestal seat.

Along those same lines, what type of pedestal/post and base (female)do they call the kind Ranger uses? It has the push-lever right above the floor with the hook at the bottom - but what is this called? I don't know if it's Springfield or Swivel Eze. I know it's not the wedge-style, that's what my Lund had. And can you buy the base unit to go in the floor? I haven't seen those anywhere. Any advice is appreciated.

My boat came with one "pro" seat and one chair... pro seat goes in the front, chair goes in the rear... but Im ordering a complete set (2 pro seats along with three seats for the middle of the boat)... No more chair for the rear... just two pro seats for front and rear... You can google bass boat seats and see where it takes you...