• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Fawn 08

MOBY RICHARD*

Well, while out checking for Morels, I happened upon my first fawn of the year... cool

I thought it was too early, and saw it trailing around licking wet grass, and thought it might be small Coyote, so after waiting for it to bed down again, I walked up on it and almost stepped on it, whereupon it let out a loud "MOMM " bleat, and took off a stumblin' over to a new resting spot...

It so happens the new spot, was down around the corner of a rise, and right on the path of my circuit, so after waiting again, I walked right on by and said Howdy, and went on my way... whistle

I hope to watch this one grow, and come visit my yard with Momma...if it did'nt get the Coyotes in the Den 100 yards over, a salivatin' too much... eek

Anyone else seeing any yet???

I almost stepped on one last weekend, it played dead but I could hear it breathing hard. Pics are up on Roch-Winona-SE forum under "good day in houston county"

Saw 2 super young ones on Saturday, turkey hunting. Jumped a doe just as we sat down, 10 minutes later a little fawn somehow gets on its feet 20 yards away. It had a twin lying on the ground. We got up and were gonna head out of the area, and here he comes with a big "are you my momma??" look on his face as he stumbles over to us. Probably would have nuzzled me if I had let him. Very cute!

I saw one Monday in the Trempeleau River bottoms near bluff siding,WI and another this afternoon off I-90 between St. Charles and Lewiston,MN exits nursing off Mama in a plowed field.