• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Wi bass reports?

beeflover

Fished near Somerset last Saturday. Water was 54-55 which was up from the previous week when it was 47-48. Caught a lot of 12-14 inch fish in 3-5 feet. Threw a lot of stuff but the only thing they would eat was a wackie watermelon candy stick bait.

I went deeper looking for females but nothing.

I'll be there this weekend and with warmer water hope for some better fish. Sure beats watching fishing shows on TV.

Anybody else fishing WI until the MN opener?

Thanks

Beefie

I caught 24 this past weekend in wisconsin. I was pitching a green All Terrain jig around heavy wood cover that was in 2-4ft of water. The key was finding dirty water, which meant water temps were warmer than the rest of the lake in these areas (57-60 degrees) these fish were definately prespawn with a few that had started spawning. I could not see the fish on beds but some of them were half full of eggs and had red tails. I think this full moon and temps in the 60's really pushed that first wave of spawners to the bank. I also caught some on spinnerbaits around pad stalks that had yet to reach the surface of the water. Once again these were in dirty water.

Check out my blog for a more detailed report \/ \/

I fished this same lake as Bob, st.crioxfishin, and I was catching suspended smallies off of sharp shoreline dropoffs. Using an x-rap and fishing it aggressively was the ticket for me. The water temps where I was fishing was a bit cooler, from 45 degrees in the most northern end, to 55 degrees farther south. Red eye shad caught me a couple as well, along with catching a few short LMs on a chartrusse/white spinner bait with double colorado blades. The LM's were in shallow warmer bays as mentioned above.

Carl

Beaver Dam is one of the few deep lakes in the area, tough to compare it to others. My lake was 60 degrees throughout, bass were tough to find, with none up shallow. Looked to be some still sitting on the break lines between 6-10 feet outside of the spawning areas. This weekend I expect them to be on beds. Luckily the water is stained enough that you have to be right on top of them to see fish so they won't be as vulnerable.

been out in Wisconsin and been finding about the same as a few mentioned above on a few different waters I've fished, shallow wood and weeds in bays like 2-5' but using weightless soft plastics, temps were upper 50's, should be up to about 60 most places now in shallow though.

Also got this smallie on a crayfish pattern fly in a slow shallower run in a river

pointearlycampcody041oy3.jpg