Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonny_redhorse

"Bluebills! (pics)

7 posts in this topic

watched this small flock of bluebills(greater scaup I think) this afternoon....they must have been tired ,they never spooked! grin.gif

Frame_DSCN1851-7copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN1860-3copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN1845-1copy.jpg

and a loon swam by!

Frame_P1020119-4copy.jpg

Good job getting those images, Jonny! They seem to be a bit underexposed... anyway to lighten them up?

Yup the lighting certainly wasn't the greatest yesterday...grey, overcast, windy!....images were taken at about 75 yards or so not much that the cameras flash will do on those yardages...maybe a flash from a bolt of lightning! grin.gif...here's the same loon image untouched so you can see I "altered" it a bit....well,maybe alotta "bit" grin.gif...the "Bills" were taken out even farther away...

Frame_P1020119.JPG

to me, those 'bills look like they have a purple sheen on their heads, if that's the case then they would be lesser scaup.

I love that loon photo! By far my favorite one I have seen.

I am definately no bird expert, but I think that Amish is right. I believe they are lesser scaup, I have seen many of those in my area... Awesome shots nontheless!