• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Leader???

I am running short on leaders due to cheap steel ones getting kinks and becoming useless. I am trying to find some titanium ones so they don't become kinked or the snap lock doesn't break. I was looking at the ones on cabelas by terminator since they are one of my favorite companies and have never failed me but i just wanted to hear some of your opinions. For me a 10 dollar leader like the terminator is a lot of money so if i could cut that price in half and still get a quality leader i would be very pleased.

Thanks!

Ryan

Nothing wrong with 130lb or 150lb fluoro. Titanium is nice because of the lack of kinks, but when it fails, it does so without warning. At least with steel and fluoro you can see it coming. I like Stealth Tackle fluoro leaders.

I used a Terminator for bucktails last year and was pretty happy - it seemed like I could feel the blades better and was more able to detect when I was hitting any cover. It may just be in my head though.

I've used the titanium and had them fail...like someone said, they give out without warning, so you need to inspect them often, especially at the crimps.

I used the Stealth Tackle leaders all last year. Liked them alot. No issues. Got mine from AWH at musky tackle online. He's a regular poster here.

Yup, Aaron stocks all of the Stealth leaders on his HSOforum. If you google Muskie Tackle Online, you will find his site. He is also priced VERY good and shipping is FAST! Not that I want to sound like a commercial for Aaron, but he is just that good.

At least 130, many people will be going to 150 this year. I have to work through my stockpile of 130 first.

I've only ever caught muskies with fluoro, so I don't have much to compare it to. Many think it helps their percentages a bit.

Dont go less than 130... Im considering moving up to 200# once I run out of 130# Seaguar... No harm in having both 130# and 200# made and ready to be used stored in a plano box on the boat...

Either start making them yourself or get Stealth Fluoros...