• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zercom color point

Question

9 answers to this question

I just received a new color point and it works great, I also have a vexilar fl 8 SLT the only difference that I see is the target separation the color point has a much better separation than the vexi. The color point also has a longer battery life almost 2to1, they both work great and I think you will be happy with ether one.

JasonK,

I'm surprised to hear that you have so much interference on the colorpoint when you fish near it with a vexy- the reason being that the colorpoint operates on a frequency of 150 and the vexy on 200. I fished in a small house yesterday near a colorpoint with my vexy yesterday with no problem for either of us. However, if you put another unit operating on 150 (i.e. a zercom) near his and both will light up like an X-mas trees rendering them totally useless. Conversly, the vexy can still be used when operated around another 200 unit.
Scoot

I just wanted to let everyone know that I used my new color point on sunday. It works great! First I used the map that I had for the reservoir I was fishing. This helped me a lot although the water level was down about 35 ft. I found a good breaking point on the map and sleded out to the general area. Within minutes I had found a hard bottom flat at 50ft. I was marking fish right off the bottom. I put my 4" white gitzit tipped with a strip of sucker meat down the hole and turned on the range to 80'. I ajusted the gain so I could see my lure. It was amazing to be able to see my lure so close to the bottom. I was jigging slowly about 2" to a foot off the bottom when a red mark moved into view about 2' above my bait. I jigged 1' up and the red mark dove toward me and I held on tight. Bang ,the fish hit and I brought up a nice fat 22" laker. It went like this all day. Me and my buddy limited on Macs and then we fished shallow for pike. I caught a nice fat 36" female and released her. The day was great until the drive home, where we were caught in skier traffic for hours. I'm very impressed with my color point. So far so good. Dan DAN the fisherman