• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jiffy stealth

straydog

Question

Just wondering if anyone is using the stealth and how it works. I have a legend with a 10 inch auger, which is not very handy for going after panfish. I would like to buy a 8 inch auger. I have searched the web for the stealth auger(without powerhead) but it does not seem to be availiable.

8 answers to this question

fourplay that really sucks I've been draging that 10 inch auger around for three years and I don't want to wait till next year.

p.s judging from your username and your profile you sould see if you can freeze the number of posts your at right now,LOL

Yea, it doesn't look like the auger alone is available. Fourplay, your probably right about that being the reason. They may want to wait until the Stealth is not the hot seller to offer the replacement augers.

I'd give them a call, seeing you have a Stealth and see if they will set you up.

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 12-08-2003).]

checked with jiffy last season about the stealth auger for my old model 30 and was told it was not compatable , so swapped auger with a friends stealth and cut just like his,now will just wait it out.
model 30 specs. 12:1 ratio, 390 rpm's ccw.
stealth specs. 12:1 ratio, 390 rpm's ccw.
seems like there compatable.

I got a new 10" this year and it is sweet. I to was told that they wouldn't be compatable but they have the same powerhead same shaft and hole bolt. I think that it is something that they are trying to promote buy a whole new auger rather than just the bit.. The only thing I can think of is if they changed something in the gearbox to beef it up (increase torque).

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]