Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
straydog

jiffy stealth

9 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone is using the stealth and how it works. I have a legend with a 10 inch auger, which is not very handy for going after panfish. I would like to buy a 8 inch auger. I have searched the web for the stealth auger(without powerhead) but it does not seem to be availiable.

I thought you could buy the auger withhout the powerhead directly from Jiffy. I'll have to check a bit later on that when I get a chance.

Thanks Dan, I did look on jiffys web site and found every auger but that one. Though I am not very computer friendly I could have missed it.

I was told that the stealth auger alone won't be available until next year.

fourplay that really sucks I've been draging that 10 inch auger around for three years and I don't want to wait till next year.

p.s judging from your username and your profile you sould see if you can freeze the number of posts your at right now,LOL

I suppose that's what they want. To see if you want that auger so bad that you'll buy a new powerhead to get it.

[This message has been edited by Fourplay (edited 12-08-2003).]

Yea, it doesn't look like the auger alone is available. Fourplay, your probably right about that being the reason. They may want to wait until the Stealth is not the hot seller to offer the replacement augers.

I'd give them a call, seeing you have a Stealth and see if they will set you up.

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 12-08-2003).]

checked with jiffy last season about the stealth auger for my old model 30 and was told it was not compatable , so swapped auger with a friends stealth and cut just like his,now will just wait it out.
model 30 specs. 12:1 ratio, 390 rpm's ccw.
stealth specs. 12:1 ratio, 390 rpm's ccw.
seems like there compatable.

I got a new 10" this year and it is sweet. I to was told that they wouldn't be compatable but they have the same powerhead same shaft and hole bolt. I think that it is something that they are trying to promote buy a whole new auger rather than just the bit.. The only thing I can think of is if they changed something in the gearbox to beef it up (increase torque).

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
iffwalleyes@yahoo.com