• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Eskimo question

slabs-ia

Question

4 answers to this question

I picked up the Eskimo QF II with the bench seats. The unit is currently set up downstairs in front to the bigscreen. I like the unit thus far but has not been field tested. I picked it up at Fleet for 235.00. My only concern will be weight with the bench seat I beleive it is pushing 70 lbs. Which will be no problem on the ice or lite snow cover. However with a foot of snow could lead to mobility issue's.

I have a Fish Trap II (forerunner of the Guide), so I can't speak to either of the aforementioned model's seats.

But none of the 2-person tub portables tow easily on foot with even 8 inches of snow. If you're pulling it with a sled, that's easy, though you better have a travel cover to keep the snow out. If you're pulling any of them on foot, mount skis or hyfax runners on the bottom, or you'll be sorry. grin.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

Steve its not the tub thats the problem is walking threw the deep snow. My Otter Med pulls ok in snow because it is deep and has a good rounded front to it. A lot of shelters are shallow and blunter at the ends thus harder to pull. Your fishtrap is this way. grin.gif The newer ones aint so bad. Otter and Polar sport sleds pull the easiest for the above reasons. You are correct that you can pull anything with a wheeler or sled. Just have a good tow hitch.

As far as towing is concered by hand unless your into the whole cardio-vascular thing instead of the carbohydrate thing none of them are fun. In terms of fishing and comfort I like mine I did add two more holes in the back rest suports to make it more vertical hope you enjoy your choice.