• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer lights work only when I use turn signal and....

Muskienut

Question

I found out what is wrong with my trailer lights not working. The lights work when I apply the brakes on the car or use the turn signals, but other than than, they do not work.

I found out that I have some melted black plastic in the harness connector itself, but cannot get it out of one thise little prongs. Any advice on how to get it out? It is in there pretty good. I have managed to get bits and pieces, but there is some in there....

How it got in there the first place, I have no clue!

2 answers to this question

You should replace the connecter.

That * black plastic * stuff your seeing is likely melted plastic from a wire or connecter. You could have a dead short somewhere melting the plastic on your running lights... You have turn signals and brake lights .. Your problem is in your running (parking) lights.

Another possibilty is bypassing the connecter for your running lights to the trailer.. providing they are working on your vehicle.