• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance help

Deemo

Question

Picked up a X-15 this winter and this was the first weekend with it on the water. The thing worked ok about half the time. The rest of the it would show crazy depth readings. We were in about 20 to 25ft moving pretty slow and the finder read in the hundreds of feet. Once it went over a thousand feet deep! The screen also froze a few times.

Turning the unit off and restarting it didnt cut it for me. This also happened when we were anchored in 12ft of water no wind.

The dealer installed it. Even if it wasnt a great install it should still get a reading sitting still wouldnt you think? Any ideas?

A friend of mine got a lowrance also and it wouldnt read temp. and had to be returned. should i take it back and try a different one? Thanks

7 answers to this question

I would take it back,my X85 has never given me any problems.The ducer being located correctly has a good deal to do with the depth reading but it shoud stay consistant if not moved.If it is jumping around on you there may well be some thing wrong with the unit.
If the store won't take it back try fish electronics for help.They are in Hill Top off central avenue.
Benny

I agree with the others. Check the angle position of the transducer and make sure it matches what the manual says. I also us the X-15 and at first I got the same type of readings until I changed that angle. Now the depth is precise. However I am struggling wiht the GPS not responding. I have spoke to Lowrance three times and they cant seem to isolate the problem. Seems intermittent. I am trying one more time this wee and if she doesnt work, then the units goes in for inspection and repair.