• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Bay resort

Walleyes,

Good luck, and enjoy the trip and weather. Please post a report....I'm still trying to get one more ice trip up there. If not, hammer those lakers in the spring in 20' of water. FUN!

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Minnows didnt work very good for us, caught a few on them but those fake waxies worked best. Lakers were shallow in AM. 14-40 ft. We never did catch any deep where we looked.
Seemed like the shallow rock was best.

NORTHLANDER
Glad you had a good time, sorry on the waxie thing...we always could bring them over and frozen minnows also, except for smelt. Our turn is this week, glad you had fun. Good going on that muskie, I got one 2 years ago at just a hair thickness under 49". I took me about20-25 minutes to play her and get her up a 10 inch hole. I caught it in about 50 feet of water on a berkley 4 inch neon fat head tube.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I too will now give Muskie bay Resort a big thumbs up.

The fishing was fantastic. Berkley tubes seemed the ticket along with live bait rigs with shiners/chubs for Lakers.

Angel Eyes Gold or Gold/Red worked very well on LOW next to crow for slab crappies, jumbo perch and walleyes approaching 10 lbs. Just tipped em with a minnow head.

You can check out Muskie Bay by clicking below.

http://MuskieBayResort.com

Oh yeah,
the FOOD was even better than the fishing if you believe that's possible.