• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

am/fm radio

eyes'

Question

I have a 96 lund explorer and want to put a radio/cd player in it and was wondering if anyone knows were to get on that is in a water tight box or one that can be built in that has a sheild over the front of it so it dosn't get wet. Aslo I was wondering about where to get speakers....Any info would be greatly apreciated

Good fishin'

12 answers to this question

buddy just put a radio/cd marine style in his boat and he bought it from circut city and they had free installation that week and they have speakers also for boats he paid $149 for unit and loves it and i think the speakers were $90... hope this might help..

You have to get a Marine radio, they will stand moisture much better, but not waterproof completely.
I do have some covers, they have a lid that recesses and leaves radio visible or covered.
$ 12.50, email me for picture.

What it the best kind of antenna to put in the boat.
I installed just a cheap rubber antenna but that didn't work too well
What do the new boats with antennas come with
any idea/places to look
moby

Try WEST MARINE. They sell a mounting bracket and case for mounting a stereo on the exterior.

I wouldn't waste my money on a marine radio (only my opinion). I think if you can mount the radio in a water proof case you are money ahead. The mounting case is inexpensive. You certainly don't need the salt resistance of a "Marine" radio.

With the mounting case you won't have to cut a hole to insert the radio.

I have to respectfully disagree with Papa Bear, circuit boards on marine stereos are usually conformal coated (plastic spray coating) to resist moisture. Obviously in a marine environment the chances for corrosion (saltwater or not) are higher, as well as some electronic components being susceptible to failure due to high humidity.

Just my opinion as well.
TL