Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sam I am

Greenback Slaughter...sad, but true.

6 posts in this topic

That is always sad to see, but this is in Canada.

Research the facts. 12 million pounds are harvested annually. Been that way since the 20's. But hey, if you feel this little snippet means the end of life as we know it, your wrong. 

2 hours ago, Greenbackhunter said:

Research the facts. 12 million pounds are harvested annually. Been that way since the 20's. But hey, if you feel this little snippet means the end of life as we know it, your wrong. 

There you have it:  Hubris. 

The common theme across every fishery that ever crashed was the widely held belief that it couldn't be harmed.  I know, I know...the Jack Fish ruined Lake Manitoba...not poor management and people.   

thatoneguy likes this

7 hours ago, Sam I am said:

The common theme across every fishery that ever crashed was the widely held belief that it couldn't be harmed.  I know, I know...the Jack Fish ruined Lake Manitoba...not poor management and people.   

Things need to change, I absolutely agree. But until all parties are willing to sit at the table and do what's best for the fishery, nothing will change. For example... the marketing board they sell their fish to has set the highest prices for jumbos now. So naturally they are going to target big fish. It's piss poor management and government control. 

Sam I am likes this