• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lifetime tamarack 120

Looks like a good deal on a decent boat. Fished out of a yak last month. Going to stick with my solo canoe for now, but I could see adding one to the fleet somewhere down the road. And at that price it wouldn't be a tough sell at home. ;)

One thing I will make sure of, that it has good back support. Even after an hour or two fishing in these pretty waters, my back was like "get me outta here"

yak.jpg

$200 is almost like free for a yak.  Pretty low risk venture there for trying one out.

Only problem I might be leery of with an economy yak is, like Duff said, the comfort factor.  There's more effort to make the paddler comfortable in the more expensive models.

I paddled a rental once and didn't care for it.  I tried a friends 12 foot fishing yak and thought a lot better of them.  I bought my 13 footer and don't regret it one bit.  I prefer it to a canoe any day for being out by myself.  I don't know anything about Duff's solo canoe so I can't say it's better or worse but they seem kinda cool too.