• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer Bunk Carpet

-Marc V-

Anyone have any suggestions on a durable trailer bunk carpet to use?  I put some on last year that already has worn through in a spot.  I'm not too happy about it.  The next stuff I want to survive a nuclear shock wave.  I have a heavier Tuffy fiberglass boat. 

Any other suggestions for recarpetting would be appreciated too.  Thinking I'll use adhesive this time too on the face of the board only just to help it stay in place some. 

Thanks,
Marc

Bass pro and Cabells both sell carpet for bunkers, changed mine out ten years ago and still doing just fine. But then I again I also added the Teflon pads on top of the carpet for easy loading so the boat is not really resting right on the carpet.

You have an aluminum or fiberglass boat, Bobby?  I've considered pvc or Teflon pads like you mention, but have heard some horror stories of them wearing down and the screw heads scratching boats too.  I'm a little leery... 

Alum boat but I routinely check for the screw heads popping. Kind of a thing I do checking my bunks for rot and I only once had a screw pop loose and it was an easy fix right at the landing. I do like the Teflon pads for the ease of loading and unloading. BTW the pads are over twenty years old.