• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lantern problem

viking605

Question

I have a coleman dual mantle lantern that burns coleman fuel and every time I use it seems to be working fine and then it pops and blows a hole through the mantle I have taken it apart and the little jet seems to be open and clear anybody have any solutions?

12 answers to this question

You should spend some time to look through all the old posts and stuff. Lots of valuable info. Plus, he sells rare and hard to find parts, things you won't find anywhere else. With this guy's help, I've rebuilt an old lantern and heater, that I bought off of hsolist for a fraction of what they're worth.

I just spent the last hour looking around that site and it is very cool to see some of those old lanterns.I have a 220F model I bought at a garage sale a year ago for 10 bucks and if im reading the date right I think it is 7/66.Does anyone else have any older models?

My dad's got a red 200A. Bought it new in 1962. One of my fondest memories of childhood is watching him fool around with that old lantern while camping at Hayes Lake state park. I remember thinking that was the neatest thing in the world.

I also have a 2ooA found it in a ditch when we were kids 1962 been in the garage for years my newer one isn't working very well so I pulled that old red one out still had fluid in it and it worked great

I've got my grandpas coleman dual mantle, chrome/nickel plated tank, not sure what model right off the top of my head but I knew it hung in the kitchen and in the barn before there was rural electricity. It's not in perfect condition but it works just as nice as my dual fuel powerhouse! My best guess datewise is the early 1940's... Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Ive got a chrome nickle tank coleman too. Im not sure how old it is. When I was atound 6 years old I watched my dad trying to light it in the house and it flooded. The were flames 3 ft in the air. Dad threw it out the door. Later I saw it in the garbage pile. I took it out and hid it. When I started to plan my own fishing and camping trips in my mid teens I pulled out that old Lantern. Somehow I figured out it needed a new generater. Im 44 now, that old lantern and I have been on a lot of trips together. Was my primary light source when I lived in a wall tent in Alaska for 3 summers too. Its the only original peice of equipment I have since starting my outdoor escapades.

that is a great site . thanks for the post , I have a few lanterns that are in need of repair and when I was younger we would just buy a new one. Now that I'm older and more thrifty I'll have to try to fix them again. I've tried a time or two but with not much success ,this will be allot of help.Metro

Something about a Coleman gas lantern. It can go and go and go. Finally broke down and bought a propane stove at an auction, but will probably never get a propane lantern. I have 2 different gas lanterns and one or both ALWAYS go with me ice fishing or camping.