• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone else dumb enough?

creepworm

25 minutes ago, fishersofmen said:

Seriously though what was the reaction like with everyone in the stands? Me and my wife looked at eachother before the kick and said he will miss it.

Where I was at, it was cheering, then a the realization he missed, then disbelief, then anger towards the Seahawks fans, finished by the realization this is the Vikings and this is what they do.

I also had a feeling the Vikes would screw it up in some way before the kick. From my vantage point I could not see whether the kick was good or not so I just sat waiting on the refs to give the signal whether it was good or not. I had to break it to some people that were cheering he missed.

Edited by creepworm

Reality is we had the game won and lost on a fluke miss of a 27 yd kick... Everybody knows he could miss it but even the SEA players knew it was a fluke miss, look at their reaction. Pro Kickers us don't miss from there... Sad deal as Walsh made 3 much tougher kicks already.

Teddy did not have a great game but I was pleased he took us right down the field under 2 mins and set Wash up for a would be chip shot winner, I am not ready to say he is the guy for the next 10 yrs but he really showed balls there. 

But in the end the final score is all that matters. Congrats to the SEAHAWKS and hopefully the "window" is just opening for MN and their young team.

I was surrounded on three sides by Seattle fans. They were pretty quiet most the game especially that last drive. They were obviously cheering like crazy after the kick but were pretty sportsman like, even heard several talking to vikings fans saying how they realized that Seattle was very lucky to be leaving with the victory. Saw a few Seattle fans waving their flags basically in the face of fans as we made the slow walk up the stairs. Also heard more than my fair share of drunk Vikes fans embarrassing themselves commenting on Walsh and Seattle fans.

During that last drive I was pretty pumped up and had to basically explain to my girlfriend that we were well within FG range and we would have the lead with about 18 seconds left. I had faith. When that kick went up I put my hands up to celebrate but then just put them on my head when I realized what had happened.

On 1/11/2016 at 2:04 PM, fishersofmen said:

Seriously though what was the reaction like with everyone in the stands? Me and my wife looked at eachother before the kick and said he will miss it.

Everyone where we were sitting thought he made it at first, the Viking fans put their hands up cheering, the Seahawk fans threw some beer and were pissed. It looked good from our angle, we didn't even see how bad he shanked it until we got home.

I didn't like how conservative we were playing settling for field goals all game, we could have buried them if one of those could have been a TD. Even when it was 9-0 I was saying that isn't enough we need TD's. One fluke play and they were right back in it.

That's the Vikes for ya though, we still haven't got the curse off our back yet. Even if Blair would have made it they probably would have got a nice return, a PI call, or something to get them set up for a game winning field goal. 

Zim got more then he bargained for turning this franchise around but I think he's doing a great job so far.