• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nice- I found a handful of hedgehogs also. They are so tiny and fragile not many survived the ride though....If you are working in the city we should grab a beverage after work one night!  Headed to the cabin for a few days, hopefully things are getting started up there too...full moon Friday night...hmmmm....what to do.,,,

Edited by jerkin'm

Sorry to get back to you so late Pat, I've been out on Lake Michigan for the last four days :)

How did you do this weekend? Any shrooms or fish? 

We had a blast fishing, but it was a tougher bite and we ended up doing a bunch of night fishing because of the moon. 

0801150814a.jpg

0731152014.jpg

0802150302.jpg

0802150023a.jpg

0731150614.jpg

Nice fish Brandon! Awesome pics too..We chased walleyes after dark and bass during the day. James hit the close chaterelle spots by the house up there and just found a few stunted dried up shrooms. Managed a few eyes each night but no monsters. Took the kids out a lot to do some drop shotting in the little boat. Lots of doubles and triples for them. You bringing that fancy Great Lakes trolling machine to closer this year?? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got out yesterday and was a little disappointed with the chanterelles in my spot by the house. Small and far and few in between.

But i did see quite a few other mushrooms out, including some what I believe are Old Man of the Woods.

0811151707.jpg

0811151707a.jpg

yeah, they didn't smell too appetizing and stayed right where I saw them....

I have read the same thing, edible but not very tasty! They are a cool looking shroom though. I have not stumbled across one myself, but if I did, I would do the same.