• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prop repair ?

Huey

I have a Yamaha 60 hp tiller with an aluminum prop. Actually, I have 2 props for the motor and I dinged them both up last summer. How bad do they need to get before being rebuilt? Both function fine, but the leading edges are pretty badly dinged.

Also any have a prop repair place to recommend in the north metro?

Aluminum props are relatively cheap, and often aren't worth repairing.

I just brought one into Mark's Prop Shop today (Stacy).

He looked at it and said it was repairable ($70), but said a new one is around $100 and recommended that instead. He didn't have any new ones on hand, but in a few weeks his order comes in.

The most expensive aluminum prop repair that Soderblooms does costs $50 according to their web page. Most T-60 props are 13.5 inches so their cost to repair it would be $40. I have used their services many times and they always do an awesome job. They are my first call on new prop questions or purchases too.

Propeller repair prices are all over the board. It is usually most cost effective to go to the shop that actually does the propeller repair. Avoid the middle man and you will save a great deal of money. There are lots of place you can drop your propeller off at for repair. Many of them are not doing the repairs themselves.