• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wife's tackle box

So I got my wife a nice double-sided tackle box for Christmas. Then we went to the shows and she bought a few things...crankbaits, jigs, etc. But now every time I take out my tackle boxes, she raids them to fill up her new box! She's taking Shad Raps, spoons, more jigs, plastics, terminal tackle, you name it. It's horrible! But I love it! And it's cheaper than going to the Big C or FF! Anybody else have horror stories?

Sounds like you created a monster! grin

Tip: buy two of everything, put one in your tackle box and give one to her. She will love that you are thinking of her and not complain about all the money you are spending on tackle. wink

Look at the bright side, Now you can go buy all new stuff, After you full hers to the point nothing else can go into it. gringrin

You are going to be fighting a losing battle. Once my tackle box was full I had to have another one. Once that was full I had to have a bigger one. Now I need a second bigger one, plus I just stopped last weekend at the St. Croix store in Park Falls and bought myself another rod. I don't want to raid his anymore, he doesn't have anything good left. shocked

Yeah, I got her a pair of hip boots and a couple rods and reels. Her own stuff, brand new. I told her not to touch one of my tackle boxes full of specialized stuff. That one is now a little more than half full. I should mention that we've been married only a year and a half, so she's still getting away with stuff. She looks in one of the plastic boxes, gets all glassy wide-eyed, and I hear her muttering "bling".

I should also mention that she is the best boat partner I've ever had. When I pull the boat up the ramp, do the inspection, pull the plug, by then she's got everything cinched down and things ready to transfer into the truck. She handles the dock line perfectly. I may have to get her an electric winch!

We were camping up by Ely and I took the boat from the access to our campsite. She brought the truck and trailer back. I got back to camp first, figured I would back the trailer into the site. Well, here comes the trailer in, in reverse, perfect landing first time. I asked her how many times she had done that and she said "never". Hmmmm...