• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WTH??? Wisconsin Rednecks Run Amuck.

Five men in southeast Wisconsin could face fines after a Youtube video surfaced that shows a man wrestling a deer while another puts a T-shirt on the animal.

WTMJ reports the men are seen setting an elaborate trap on private land in Oak Creek, Wis. The deer is seen struggling before it’s restrained. The men are heard laughing as a yellow T-shirt is forced over the deer’s head. They eventually released the deer.

The video titled “how to put a T-shirt on a fiesty deer” has since been removed from YouTube.

Oh man. I'm not even gonna hint this could only happen in Wisc. Simply a bunch of thick headed bullies picking on the little guy in the locker room, and getting their jollies out of it.

It never ceases to amaze me just how childish and immature people can be. crazy

This guy should be made a HUGE example of what NOT to do to wildlife! He obviously took a lot of time to create such an elaborate trap for this deer. This was premeditated, cut and dried. Slam this guy, and his gang of knuckleheads, with the most stiff penalties allowed by the law.

This guy should be made a HUGE example of what NOT to do to wildlife! He obviously took a lot of time to create such an elaborate trap for this deer. This was premeditated, cut and dried. Slam this guy, and his gang of knuckleheads, with the most stiff penalties allowed by the law.

Was this a stupid idea.....? yes

Do these guys have too much time on their hands......? yes

But come on man.......... stiffest penalties....cut and dried...... premeditated.......slam him....?

Do you realize a few months ago it was perfectly legal to send a razor sharp broadhead through this animal's heart and lungs......... you know..... KILL IT.

Compared to that I'm sure the deer was tickled to only have had a t-shirt put on it.

I think it should be illegal to catch and release a fish. It is elaborate, premeditated and cut and dried...... cruel really..... I even heard people take pictures and video of it......

Some go as far as posting these horrific scenes on the internet.....

What kind of sick people would do such a thing???? I say hang 'em

He put a t-shirt on a deer........ look out!!!!! This is where I yawn.

I wonder if they're going to add this youtube deer footage to one of those ASPCA Sarah Mclachlan commercials? Perhaps put in some video or photos of fishermen holding up a tortured bass or muskie like B-man mentioned.

I wonder if they're going to add this youtube deer footage to one of those ASPCA Sarah Mclachlan commercials? Perhaps put in some video or photos of fishermen holding up a tortured bass or muskie like B-man mentioned.

Or a video of someone putting radio collars on bears with ribbons on them?

C'mon B-man. That's not even a close comparison. C&R fishing vs. trapping a live animal only to scare the c__ap out of it? How'd you feel about it if your neighbors did this to your favorite hunting dog, or your best buddies prize/trained hunting dogs? If someone did this to my dog I'd be PO'd!

Do we all gang wrestle a big muskie or walleye to the bottom of the boat and paint a neon sign on it before throwing it back in the water?

Quickly and humanely harvesting an animal is completely different than this as well.

This is wildlife harassment. Not even remotely related to research. Like it or not (and I'm kind of surprised you do) it's against the law. To actually film it was likely the dumbest thing they could do, but still functioning on this few brain cells, I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Do I think this was a dumb idea... yep, do I think they should face a penalty... sure... I guess. Throw the book at them? For putting a shirt on a deer? Really? That is what society feels is the criminals we have to go after and make a statement with?

In reality I don't see a lot of difference between hoisting up up a fish for a half dozen pics or trapping a bear/wolf to collar and tag it. They too struggle, they too are trying to get away, they too are stressed. The deer was not harmed, it looked as though they 'humanely' treated it, other than putting a shirt on it. I'm pretty sure the deer's self esteem was not damaged to be seen with a shirt on... dumb practical joke. They put shirts on goats and pigs all the time at college games and in reality there is not that much difference between a domestic animal and a wild animal... other than the domestic animal is not as stressed as it's wild counterpart when putting the shirt on.

So give them a fine, give them 3 years probabtion to not be involved in any animal cases and move on in life...

Good Luck!

Ken

Thou this wad stupid...i am with b-man on this.

I did chuckle a ltittle, i mean....really?....they built a trap and put a t shirt on a wild deer....a t -shirt...okay, i more then chuckled a little

I'm with you & Bman, ClownColor, it was stupid & they probably have to get fined for it, since it's virtually viral, but it's a dumb prank, kind of funny & relatively harmless.

I'm sure some creative grant writing could get somebody some money to counsel the deer on the inadequacies it's feeling from having to be subjected to wearing the T shirt in public (the wild)...

Okay, okay. Maybe I was a little hot under the collar at first. I've always been that way...too quick to anger. My apologies.

I agree guys, about a simple fine, a slap on the hand, and lesson learned.

I'm not an animal activist, and am a proud carnivore, but it does get under my skin when any animal (or person) is mistreated just for giggles.

I think the problem in this is if it goes without some kind of repercussions it opens the door to more and more foolish ideas. Wildlife harassment is a real deal. I just think everyone, and everything deserves a little more respect than this.

Needless to say they were drinking when they thought that up!

No question about that. After all, it was in Wisconsin.

But I gotta say, silly little harmless prank? Wonder how harmess you think it is when they find that deer dead, hanging from a fence after that shirt got caught in the barbwire frown.

$6K reward for information on the guys in Wisconsin that beat up a snapping turtle with golf clubs and another reward for the Wisconsin person that decapitated a bear hibernating in a culvert.