• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Be back in a week

ted4887

I'm jealous. What courses you playing?

The Tucson National @ the Omni Resort, and their Catalina course for sure. Monday and Tuesday we are going to wait on reserving tee times for. Chances are, we will head back towards Phoenix and play a few courses.

Anybody have any course recommendations for the Phoenix area?

I just got back from AZ/NV yesterday. Played ASU Karsten and Trilogy at Vistancia in PHX and played one round at Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV. All you can say about Wolf Creek is: INCREDIBLE!!!! We were told it would likely be a 5 hour round and it was 5.25 hrs. You hardley see other players besides the group in front of you because of the way it's layed out.

We almost made the drive up to play Wolf Creek on Friday, but the weather was pretty lousy. We got rained out in Tucson, and looked for a place to play. Unfortunately by the time we knew our chances at playing were shot, it was too late in the day to get another tee time at a different course.

We ended up just playing two rounds due to the weather, but they were pretty amazing. If anyone ever has the chance to play Tucson National @ the Omni Resort, do it!

View from the room

P1250297.jpg

A few different holes

P1270343.jpg

P1270349.jpg

That last picture was of a hole that went up an elevation that was just astounding. Its hard to tell from the picture, but it is about as straight up as you could possibly get it. And it's long, at around 580 yds. I also managed to hit one of the beautiful houses on a nice sliced tee shot. Of course, I pretended nothing happened and kept moving. whistle

Thurs (1/24) was pretty cloudy in Mesquite with rain to the North but it didn't affect playing golf. Fri (1/25) was an all day drizzle and we drove to Zion Natl. Park. Sat (1/26) was a light rain that killed my round at Conestoga and grounded a hot air baloon festival. It takes 5 hours to play Wolf Creek and if you can't start before noon you may not finish all 18 before dark. Last year we watched the opening round of the Accenture Match Play in Tucson and had a great time there. I'd like to do that again before the Donald (Trump) pushes hard enough to move it to FL.