• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Insulated hub fish house?

slick2526

Bought a Eskimo quick fish 3 this year brand new. I like the house and its a lot of bang for your buck. I am regretting not buying a insulated one now. At the time I was on a budget and the price was right.

So of the brands offering hub style insulated fish house's which one is considered the best and the worse? What I mean by this is the ruggedness of the fabric, best insulation, best pole system?

I want upgrade before next year and will be buying a insulated one at the end of the year.

Ok so I know theres been a lot of issues with the first gen eskimo fatfishes, but I did upgrade to the newer line of fatfishes with the new power hubs and thicker poles. So far I am impressed, and its cheaper than the bigfoot. Theres plenty of fishable area and it even comes with a new reinforced bag. I was disappointed with my first gen fatfish, but Eskimo customer service was real fast and accomodated me. They replaced my first gen and even picked up the shipping. So, just wanted to put in my 0.02 and give it up to eskimo for fixing the issues. The insulation is plenty heavy duty and i heat it with a mr heater cooker on low. In the end, they are both nice houses, eskimo is a bit cheaper.

Frabil does make three different hubs that are insulated. They are the frontier, outpost, & headquarters. Personally the best one out there right now is the Clam Bigfoot XL4000T. Clam also makes the Basecamp and Command post in a thermal model.

I can't speak for the Eskimo or Frabill, but I bought a Clam Base Camp thermal this year and love it. Plenty fishable area, poles seem strong, fabric is tough, and the zippers are smooth. I'd imagine there will be some good deals to be had on any brand as the ice season comes to a close, try to pick one up for cheap then sell the old one early next year when everyone is rushing to get a house!