Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
crappie55409

What presentation for hole hoping?

what presentations do you guys use when hole hoping? Personally, I usually use a jiggin spoon no tip or sometimes tipped with a minnow head. Ill try to catch the aggressive ones and if i can pull them off the bottom but they arent biting i might switch to a live bait presentation. I've had some success doing this and of course it serves as a very mobile presentation. What works for you guys?

Good one Frank!

I usually decide a target depth where I think there are some weeds, use my Showdown Troller to confirm depth before drilling, then drill. I put my VX1 down the hole and fish.

I fish the hole for 5-10 minutes with a tightline/smaller jig method tipped with a waxworm. If I am catching anything, I'll stay until it cools off. If nothing, I move on. Either way, I rarely stay in one spot too long.

I keep moving around the basic area or down the shoreline like I am in my boat working the area with my trolling motor.

I almost never use anything but a small jig and a 16-20 inch light action rod when I'm hole hopping. Best choice to see if anything down there is interested IMO.

I might drop my Aqua-Vu Micro down there to see what the bottom looks like, or what kind of fish are down there.

I do tend to keep moving though.

If theres a flash I'll fire down a diamond jig tipped with spikes or a waxy. If no takers in a minute or two move on..

I drill 9 holes in a line nine strides apart and then take 7 strides over and walk back with the same sequence and I'll drill 4 sets like this and if no activity I'll star a new set in a different area and different depth.

I always start with a jigging spoon. They are heavy to get down there quick, loud, and flashy to attract fish. If I can't get any takers I will start to downsize my presentation untill I hookup with some fish.

If I'm panfishing I'll be using 1/16oz forage minnow with some spikes or waxies. Walleyes I'll go with a 1/8 rattle spoon with a minnow head.

If I'm in shallow water, I'll fish each hole for a min or two. Deeper water, I to mark a fish on a flasher before wetting a line.