• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What presentation for hole hoping?

crappie55409

what presentations do you guys use when hole hoping? Personally, I usually use a jiggin spoon no tip or sometimes tipped with a minnow head. Ill try to catch the aggressive ones and if i can pull them off the bottom but they arent biting i might switch to a live bait presentation. I've had some success doing this and of course it serves as a very mobile presentation. What works for you guys?

Good one Frank!

I usually decide a target depth where I think there are some weeds, use my Showdown Troller to confirm depth before drilling, then drill. I put my VX1 down the hole and fish.

I fish the hole for 5-10 minutes with a tightline/smaller jig method tipped with a waxworm. If I am catching anything, I'll stay until it cools off. If nothing, I move on. Either way, I rarely stay in one spot too long.

I keep moving around the basic area or down the shoreline like I am in my boat working the area with my trolling motor.

I almost never use anything but a small jig and a 16-20 inch light action rod when I'm hole hopping. Best choice to see if anything down there is interested IMO.

I might drop my Aqua-Vu Micro down there to see what the bottom looks like, or what kind of fish are down there.

I do tend to keep moving though.

If theres a flash I'll fire down a diamond jig tipped with spikes or a waxy. If no takers in a minute or two move on..

I drill 9 holes in a line nine strides apart and then take 7 strides over and walk back with the same sequence and I'll drill 4 sets like this and if no activity I'll star a new set in a different area and different depth.

I always start with a jigging spoon. They are heavy to get down there quick, loud, and flashy to attract fish. If I can't get any takers I will start to downsize my presentation untill I hookup with some fish.

If I'm panfishing I'll be using 1/16oz forage minnow with some spikes or waxies. Walleyes I'll go with a 1/8 rattle spoon with a minnow head.

If I'm in shallow water, I'll fish each hole for a min or two. Deeper water, I to mark a fish on a flasher before wetting a line.