• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod storage

Shorelunch

Question

I have an '86 Crestliner "Sportfish-type" boat. There is no area to store rods horizontally, only an area to plop them down on each other and get tangled/beaten up. I know there's horizontal rod holders from Berkley and Transom Saver, but those need to drilled in - which would go through the side of my boat.

Anybody know of, or made, any?

4 answers to this question

I use a vertical storage that will hold 6 rods in front of my console on my Smoker Craft. Doesn't do much for the drive to the lake, because I take the out and lay them on the floor. It would work horizontally if I had a place to mount it.

do you have carpet in your boat? cuz Basspro has some rod holders that i think velcro to the carpet in your boat and then you wrap velcro straps over the rods to hold them in place. check them out. they are on page 79 of the new Basspro spring catalog. the item number is 12-538-147-00

I made a rod rack by stapeling outdoor carpet around a piece of 1/2"X 12" pine and then screwed in the velcro strap style rodholders to it-I think they are called (RodTamers?) but other ones will work with this set up. This rack holds 6-8 rods w/ reels and is great because I can store my rods horizontally/vertically or lean them diagonally if neeed be. I can also take the rack w/ rods on it and lock it in my topper when I'm not on the water and don't want to worry about them. Hope this helps.
redhooks