• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris question

Twins 57 Fan

did you mess with those screws yet? When i clean my carbs i never mess with those, i believe they are the air/fuel mixture. If you already had i would suggest giving a dealer a call or google?
It's ok, if you have cleaned enough carbs you will have taken them out to spray out the body. Just put them back in to the factory spec starting point or turn them in and count the turns and write them down before you take them out. Then just put them back in. I don't think he is getting many people answering back because if they are not sure they don't want to give him a bad answer and have him burn up his sled. I would call a dealer and ask for the starting point of your air/fuel screws on the sled you have as you have suggested, if you forgot to count the turns before taking them out. wink

Generally on a newer sled the small, externally adjustable screws are mostly for idle/very low speed. Risk is minimal here, mostly limited to poor running, maybe fouled plugs.

Screwing around with the jet needle or main jet is more likely to result in a melt down.

I don't know the details of that sled but 1.5 turns out is probably a reasonable starting point.

The settings are printed on a decal under the hood. I have the same sled but it's outside on the trailer covered up or I'd go look. Can I ask what you paid for it. I'm going to sell mine. They are great sleds! Mine runs great...I just got a new one or I'd still be driving the 440.

1.5 out is factory spec "starting point". Sweet spot on our old 91 was 1.0 turn out from lightly seated. Sold that sled in 02 in the big lake area with 9k miles on it. Extremly reliable, never an ounce of trouble with it, and it was road about as hard as a 440 fan could ever be. Wonder if she's still up and running...

edit: and I have always set my Polaris sleds idle at 14-1600....