• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl chokes

I'm looking for an aftermarket choke for my gun. Does anyone know which stores carry the most variety, I live in the metro area and in need of one. I did visit the Rogers Cabelas but they don't have what I'm looking for.

Thanks

I'm looking for an aftermarket choke for my gun. Does anyone know which stores carry the most variety, I live in the metro area and in need of one. I did visit the Rogers Cabelas but they don't have what I'm looking for.

Thanks

What exactly are you looking forward that you didn't find at the Rogers Cabela's? That's where I bought my Patternmaster Code Black. They had a whole endcap full of chokes. I think it was located next to the glass case of duck and goose calls. You should check again.

Oh, and based on my early season experience so far with geese, 3 inch No. 2's out of the Code Black Duck put a serious hurting on honkers. I'm sort of afraid to see what will happen to the ducks this year... wink

I typically use the factory mod in my browning with great results but yesturday I found a Undertaker waterfowler choke new for 6 bucks so I have to give it a try.

It was on a clearance rack/bargin wall in a sporting good store in Red Wing They had others for Remingtons, Winchesters and Mossbergs

I would look at reviews on aftermarket chokes first. I have found Cabelas and especially Bass Pro Shop very informative with other's reviews.Many will tell you what gun they are shooting it out of, shot size, and constriction of choke. I've used many aftermarket chokes, Patternmaster being my first one. The choke shot awesome out of my Browning Gold Hunter. Then I bought a Benelli SBE II and bought the same choke. It doesn't pattern very well so I bought a Kicks High Flyer choke and it shot absolutely awesome this weekend!

Both are VERY good aftermarket chokes companies and some just pattern better out of different brand guns. Research is key. I would personally pattern your factory chokes from varying distances and see how that goes before you buy an aftermarket.

Thanks guys, I did try the factory choke on my gun the other day and it pattern pretty good. I was using Hevi Metal 3" #3's and Winchester Xperts 3" #2's both were great couldn't really tell the difference when shooting clays and the reason I was looking for a shop was because the Kicks High Flyer I ordered for my gun would not thread in and by the way I have a Stoeger M3500.

One choke manufacturer to look at would be a Wad Wizard. http://www.wadwizard.com

They pattern great & are made in the USA.

1. If you want the long range shot.

The Supreme Tube is the medium to long-range tube. I had this one last year & love it. It out patterned my patternmaster tube. I have replaced my patternmaster with this one. I did not like the ports on it & it did not pattern as good as the Wad wizard. I should say my partner did not like the ports either.

2. If you want the shorter shot over decoys. (15-40 yards)

Wad WizardSWAT12 Choke Tube (Supreme Wide Area Tube)

I just got this choke this year. Looking forward to crushing ducks & geese over decoys with this one. I was destroying the clays the time I used it this year. I was not just hitting a piece off of the clays with it. Come on hunting season.