• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

10" or 12" diameter PVC

rmh2o

Question

10 answers to this question

I know what you're trying to do here, I had the same issue until this year when I found a certain style garbage can at walmart that worked absolutely perfect. Odds are it won't for you though, I asked my buddy the plumber where to get that big pvc and he said youd only be able to find it wholesale at the big companies. but its out there. Let me know what you find somewhere down the line they'll quit making those garbage cans.

Pipe this size is used for sewer main applications. I've bought plenty of it at a place in Forest Lake. It's called "Winnik Supply Inc." Phone #651-464-3920.

Check out my post under this topic.

http://FishingMinnesota.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/001405.html

PVC that big is tough to come by and expensive. Besides if you already have holes cut in your floor it may be tough to find PVC with the right outside diameter to fit your holes. Typically they measure by inside diameter so a 12" ID has probably a 12 1/4" or 12.5" OD, which may require you to modify your holes.

If you wanna take a look at what I did with the cheap flower pots from Wal-mart your welcome to swing into my house on the SW side. If I recall you are over on the east side.

Good luck, I will shoot you my cell number if you wanna swing by and take a look.

Thanks for all the replys,the reason I was looking at PVC is because I need to be about 18" high to get above the floor and the holes in the floor are a little small for regular buckets.I will have to find out what the price is for PVC that might make up my mind.Grabs are you out of shore acres,I might have to swing by and take a look.

Take Grabs up on his offer. I gave him the original idea and if he did it the same way I did, it's the slickest operation you'll find. Flower pots stack together when not in use for easy storage. Very light in weight.