• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Great Pictures

I have been totally amazed by all of the pictures that people have been putting on this page. I recently was gifted a Canon XS and purchased a 75-300 zoom lens. I have been able to take some nice pictures, but nothing compared to the closeness that a lot of the bird shots. So my question, what lenses are people using to get those great shots? The next question is what computer software are people using?

Please continue to add more great pictures as I am learning a lot from this forum.

There are a variety of lenses being used for bird photography on this site. I know the 75-300, 70-200, 300,100-400,400 and 500s are being used along with tele converters being used on a few of them. Your lens is capable of producing some fine images of birds. The thing is that most of us are getting close to the subjects using camo or blinds and a lot of patience. smirk

I think Adobe Photoshop is the most common program used. The cheaper elements program will be a good starting point and will be more program than a lot of people will use. I have used elements 7 with a few NIK software programs and has worked fine for me.

Post some pictures and everyone would be happy to help you out.

Ditto what those 2 said grin

I use the 100-400mm and the 400 5.6 and I have the 1.4 teleconverter and a 25mm tube that I will use on the 400 so I can get a closer shot of small birds. A lot of the bird shot will be easier from a blind but if you just sit still and minimize your movement you would be surprised at how close birds will come to you. The other day a Black-Capped Chickadee landed on the pocket of my coat while I was shooting.