• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T- minus 28.5 hours

headed toward Bowman! It was blast, the winds were high, and animal count was low! It was hot and dry. I would say there was 1/3 of the amount of antelope. Had some good opportunities. Only one was "succesful". My buddy eric put a long stalk on a nice pronhorn buck. When he was almost there, another stepped out in front. Missed first shot @ 48yds and speed goat moved a few feet closer and he placed his second shot perfect. many other attempts, many were so close. I did mess up twice on the 2 biggest deer I have ever step in front of me. I think they both could see my heart beating (one mulie 4x4 about 160"+ full velvet; and one whitetail 12pt w/ stickers atleast 150" of chocolate brown antlers.) I had full pass threw on the mule deer but a little high and to far back, wind was a factor. Gave it plenty of time followed blood trail about half mile and then saw a my deer along w/ 5 other bucks walk along a power line right up over the hillside a mile or 2 away. Very Very heartbreaking. The whitetail came out a dusk while sitting in a blm area. Played around 100yds from me for a half hour. getting darker and darker. So I made a move, used a big hay bail to stalk within 56yds (ranged next day, to dark to get in range finder well enough) drew back put 50 pin right about histail, and released. Felt perfect, watched the wind push my arrow right into the kill zone, then WHACK!!! my stomach dropped when I saw my arrow sticking in his front left elbow. I knew that was not a kill shot and only had one arrow on the stalk. walked right back to ground blind and grabbed quiver, and headed back to my hay bail. At this point it was after shooting hours and I was heart broken. didn't see where it ran off to. While I was sulking and looking around for where it could have ran off to then while I was not ready and way to dark, he popped out of the weeds 25yds from me and then ran off to the ravine near by. It was an awesome trip again this year, hope to be able to make it back this year. thanks must go out to the trail motel on bowman for accomodating to us so well, and to all the landowners that gave us land to hunt. Thanx Ron, Rex, Neyl, June, the IOU ranch, and the McGee's! See y'all next year!