Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Fishinguy40

2006 Chevy Silverado Suspension?

Last week I bought a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the Z71 off road package. It only has 21,000 miles on it and I love it.

After driving it for a couple days I have noticed that while driving down the road I can feel every small bump in the steering wheel. It feels like a slight clunk. Occasionally you can feel the clunk through the gas pedalalso but it mainly transmits up to steering wheel.

Any ideas on what would cause this? It looks like the original owner bought it in October of 2006 so the warranty is up real soon. If it's something I should get it in for, I need to do it now.

Intermediate steering shaft. Take it in and they'll replace it with the revised part. This is a common annoyance with these trucks and there is a TSB for this problem. Typically with this issue you will feel the rattle in the steering wheel at slower speeds while driving over rough surfaces. It feels like something is loose in the front end.

They used to have a grease repacking procedure but as you can imagine the problem eventually would come back.

To make sure thats what it is you can remove the bolt that connects the two shafts under the hood (make sure not to let the steering wheel rotate!!!!!!). Move the shaft that slides in on itself in and out several times. Reinstall the two shafts and see if the noise is gone. If so replace the shaft. If not it can still be the shaft but it could also be another problem.

A trained ear will hear the $$$, I mean noise, and know right away if its the shaft. grin

Same here, common problem among these trucks. I had my shaft replaced because when it was under warranty they did the lube kit on it and it only lasted prob 20k miles before it went bad again.

Thanks for the help.

Now here's another issue that popped up today...On the information center (where the digital odemeter is) today popped up Service 4WD. I don't see any other indications and haven't used the 4WD. Is this a normal "[PoorWordUsage]" indication telling me it's time for maintenance (truck only has 21,500 miles). Or is it detecting an issue with the gear box?

I've already answered my own question. Called a Chevy dealer and he said it's probably a switch or a sensor issue. It's scheduled to go in tomorrow for the 4WD and the intermediate steering shaft.

He also informed me that the warranty ends on November 11. So....are there any other "common issues" that I should be aware of and look/listen for? I searched the TSB's (wow, so many) but to the layman like myself it's very confusing.

The dash cluster is a very common problem to go out if it has not already with the previous owner. I had my cluster go out of warranty but GM sent me a letter about a year later telling me I was eligable to be reimbursed if I had it replaced. I mailed back the work invoice and they sent me a check for the repair bill. I believe if it still goes out of warranty they will cover it unless it has been done already. I know this was a bigger problem with 04's though, not so sure with an 06.

It's probably not the cluster.

What was more common was the 4WD switch itself malfunctioning in these trucks that caused the light to illuminate.

So....are there any other "common issues" that I should be aware of and look/listen for? I searched the TSB's (wow, so many) but to the layman like myself it's very confusing.

I was referring to "common issues" but yes as to the service 4wd, its most likely the switch like limitout said.