• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do they make a rifled bore for the .410 shotgun?

As far as I know, the only effective choke for a .410 is full and no to the rifled slug barrel. Rifled barrel isn't necessary because or distance. While you will gain accuracy in distance, distance is a .410's downfall.

That is not to say you can't dust a clay pigeon because you can. BUT a .410 shot group is elongated. While I can reload 3/4 oz of shot and at the same velocity as a 12 gauge, you need to keep the group smaller on account of pellets per oz. thus the tight restriction and lack of chokes.

You can use slugs with a full choke .410

Since your party has used .410 slugs to take deer you don't need me to tell you they can.

I use a Modified choke on my .410 when I shoot slugs.

I do put the Full choke on it when I am shooting 4's or 6's for small game hunting, but the Modified works good too. .410ga actually produces more preasure than the other gages so it deforms more pellets and you have a lot of "fliers" because of it.

FWIW 3" Brenekke mags for the .410 slug are my favorite. 50 yards is about all the distance I would shoot, but 30-35 and in would be best.

My .410 was also a family hand-me-down. Given to me by my aunt and uncle for Christmas when I was 12. Took it deer hunting several times, even killed a few deer with it. It is by far my favorite small game gun though. Squirels, rabbits, walk up and ground swat grouse, and the chimunks who lived in the retaining wall hate that thing as well, man to be a kid again. But I am off topic whistle

Back on topic. If you do find one (a rifled barrel .410) buy it. It would turn you shotty into one heck of a rifle., a short range rifle, but a rifle none the less.

I have never seen a rifled barrel for a .410 nor have I ever seen sabot slugs for a .410.... You would need one to make the other worth while.

I've shot rifled slugs through the full-choke smooth barrel of a .410 many times. You will be fine.