• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What a great morning

shiltsy

Anyone else go out this morning? The storms moving through seemed to drive the fish into a feeding frenzy. It was a fantastic morning of fishing!

Also experienced what must have been some pretty serious static charge in the air right before two systems moved through. After casting all of the slack line was arcing upward (10-15' and more into the air). On a few of the casts, I left my bail open after the cast was finished and line kept spooling up into the sky. It was very cool to watch, but probably not the smartest for me to stay out on the lake. Oh well, took a risk and the fishing paid off!

Shiltsy,

You were primed for a lightning strike!

It's happened to me once and not even a second later lightning struck a tree 50 yards from us. Instantaneous flash and thunder- and a 60 mph trip across the lake to the landing.

Consider yourself lucky - Isn't it nuts the way the fish go crazy like that right before a storm? Probably why most of us stay out there and risk it. Oh, by the way, buy a lotto ticket today -might be your lucky day!

Consider yourself lucky..

A) that you had a great morning.

B) Your still alive.

Great fishing is not worth your life. When your rod tips buzz or your line starts to float its telling you that the air is super charged and just looking for somewhere to make the connection to ground.

Congrats on the great morning of fishing though.

Quote:
Can I wear my "Nascar" shirt when we fish together?

Sure you can and I'll bring my 16' flipin stick. grin

The only thing I see where we disagree is in what a crankbait rod should do and I can live with that.