• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Knock tightness?

Finlander

Bought some new Axis Full Meatal Jacket arrows and the knocks are super tight and hard to get on the string.

Is this normal?

Does it affect the feet per second?

Should I file down the inside of the knock so it's not too tight?

Anybody experience the same? confused

I shot them arrows a few years ago. yes, they were a bit snug on my string as well. and so are the nocks on my easton axis infused carbon core arrows. but a good nock should kinda "click" or "snap" onto a bow string. with nocks being relatively cheap, maybe just buy a few different styles and see how they work. with so much power behind an arrow that you have just pulled the trigger on, i doubt you'll lose more than 5 feet per second max with a tight nock.

Having nocks that are too tight and can cause left/right tuning issues. Basically the fletch end kicks out and the arrow corrects itself. It can drive you crazy if you paper tune. I'd look at getting replacement nocks or just re-serve my string wih a smaller diameter braid. I personally wouldn't mess around with the file or the butter knife approach. I want all my nocks to release very consistant as they affect your accuracy. If you do end altering your nocks, place each arrow on the string and pull from the tip end. If they don't release at the same distance (use your other finger and riser to measure), they won't shoot the same. It really boils down to what type of accuracy you are looking for though. If you are looking for a pie plate at 20 yards you're probably good how they are now. If you are looking for half dollar groups at 20 yards I'd proably fool with them.