• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any issues bringing a dog into Canada

BlackLabGuy

Just bring a current set of vet papers, also a un0opened bag of dog food, They never checked me when I went across in May and I was in a motorhome so we had to get out while they took a walk through inspection, they never even asked for his papers, same thing on the way back, But coming into the U.S.A. side he got some doggie treats. Gob Bless America.

From another site:

What is required to bring my hunting dog into Canada?

Dogs may enter Canada if accompanied by a valid rabies vaccination certificate issued, in either English or French, by a licensed veterinarian, which clearly identifies the dogs and shows that they are currently vaccinated against rabies. This certificate should identify the animal, as in breed, colour, weight, etc., plus indicate the name of the licensed rabies vaccine used (trade name), serial number and duration of validity (up to 3 years). Please note that if a validity date does not appear on the certificate, then it will be considered a one year vaccine. There is no waiting period imposed between the time the animal is vaccinated for rabies and the time the animal is imported into Canada.

Note: Rabies vaccination or certification is not required if the dogs are less than three (3) months of age.

A licensed veterinarian is a veterinarian who is licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the country of origin

I never had an issue going into Canada with my dog. But i know the one time i don't bring his paperwork i would get checked. So i bring it just in case. I did have a customs agent take the dog food i had left over on our way back into the states because it was in a ziplock bag and they couldn't tell what kind of food it was. But that was the only thing i had happen.