Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Borealhunter

Ruby-throated Hummingbird (female)

5 posts in this topic

Ruby-throatedHummingbird-1.jpg

I put a small branch over some Menardas ( Bee Balm ) and I have several females and immatures Ruby-throated Hummingbirds coming to the perch.

Sweet shot Borealhunter. I hung a branch between my feeders so the birds that come for the seeds would have a place to sit and it is funny how many times the Hummers will stop and sit on it or maybe they are there just to protect there sugar water.

Very smart. Hmmm. Too bad the menardas are long gone here.

I have a shortage of hummers this year. My scarlet runner beans are blooming and usually they attract a ton of hummers.. Nice shot!

Excellent Boreal Hunter, your yard is a potential goldmine of avian images. The green on green scheme is pleasing here and it's nice to see one perched.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I would be willing to bet that 99% of all Eskimo hub houses that are set up in less than 12' of water are either spearing or sight fishing.    They are the standard that all others are trying to catch up to. 
    • No mouse poppers for remi, gives him gas.  Although I better start catching a bunch if we wanna have a new years eve feast!!
    • I bought a surplus also but did not get drawn for first season. So this year I should get pulled i'm hoping. My area is not out of control and a 3 years ago with the bad winters we were finding dead turkeys. I think we found around 8 or  9 if I can remember. They started to rebound a bit this year but now were are going to have another bad winter hope they make it and the winter is not too hard on them.   WI permit has been put in, now just have MN to apply for and SD. Going to be a fun spring.
    • I have one, I'm 6'2". So far i like it, seat is comfy, light weight.  I rarely fish with the door closed, I like to look around, my mr heater/cooker is actually outside the tent area and it warms up nice.  Keep the wind to your back   
    • Classic, tumultuous example of two Low Information Voters, right here..    During the first GOP debate, moderator Bret Baier said to Donald Trump, "15 years ago, you called yourself a liberal on health care. You were for a single-payer system, a Canadian-style system." "As far as single payer, it works in Canada," Trump replied. "It works incredibly well in Scotland. It could have worked in a different age, which is the age you're talking about here." -Weekly Standard   The "age" Trump refers to, is 2001. When he made that statement.   The last 10 seconds of dave's video above is epic...   "(Dave and Putz) are having a hard time tonight"...              
    • Ken, I'm making my summer sausage next week. How did yours turn out? 
    • Does the Bigfoot block the light well enough? I intended to buy the Eskimo for its black interior but couldn't get one the year I was looking. 
    • I thought it was an anti inflationary move.
    • Well, he was a Republican in 2001 so anything is possible but I have never read anywhere that he says that directly. For sure not as many times as Trump questioned Barry's birth place or Been Gazzy was brought up. 
    • Looks like next week is going to be a great week for making ice with lows below zero every day in the Cities. After that I'm expecting to have enough ice to walk on. Time to get my gear out of storage and get it ready to go.   BTW, the web cam at Harty's on Medicine Lake shows ice for as far as the camera goes.
  • Our Sponsors