• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

EFI vs Carbs

BigWadeS

i have a 2006 kawi brute force with a carbed 650 v-twin and have not had one problem with starting no matter how cold just have to let it warm up for a good 5 minutes, but you should do that with any machine wether it is EFI or not. If it is going to cost you extra to get EFI, i would say that it is not worth it! But it is nice

Carb on my 500 sportsman and it run awesome. Like mentioned earlier you have to let it warm up a while in the winter, but you should do it anyways.

For me up to a grand more just wasn't worth it.

Have friends that have EFI's and they do like them, they have had carbs before and see no difference.

Mark

I have two 500 sporties one with EFI and one without. the one with carb starts instantly the EFI has to crank for a second even if the ignition has been on for a while. but the EFI has better throttle responce and is easyer on fuel. And both are fun !! my 2 cents

I have 2 Polaris's, 700 carb and an 800 EFI. The carb I had to jet it bigger to get to not be so cold blooded, now its just fine. The EFI is GREAT, turn the key on , wait 2 seconds till the fuel pump stops, hit start on its running NOW, any temp, any angle, any altitude. Not with a carb. The EFI is way more responsive but both of mine take the same amount of fuel. I would go EFI and my next Sled will be EFI also.