• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

H2O Guidware rainsuit

AaronM

Question

9 answers to this question

Actually use REVIVEX®..Ganders Tech-H2O material is based on the same breathable waterproofing technology as Gore-Tex...and REVIVEX® will make it waterproof again and remain breathable. Many products like Camp Dry will plug up and eliminate the breathable nature of the material.

RevivexSpray.jpg

Shoot it with a good coat of REVIVEX®...toss in the cloths dryer on high tell it's dry, (The heat helps to seal in the REVIVEX®) it will be 100% or darn near that waterproof again.

Same with any Gore Tex suits...only use REVIVEX®...and only use powdered detergents to wash the suits...liquid laundry detergants can and will damage Gore Tex and other hi-tech rain gear...stick with powder.

I just went out tonight to see how well Revivex fared in 10 minutes of heavy rain. I used the kind you wash in or soak in. Fallowed instructions to a T. I treated my Guide Wear bibs and a PacTech performance rain jacket . Bibs are 5 years old and jacket 4

Not impressed. Both still let moisture in. The jacket, when I took it off showed saturation on inside. The bibs didnt but you could feel dampnest. Maybe a second treatment will help. The bottle treats 7 garments for $10 so I still have another treatment I can do. I have gone through a few all day soakers in them and kept me dry untill lately.

Maybe 4 0r 5 years is all that can be expected. Though I did use a low concentrate liquid soap the couple times I have washed them.

Maybe the spray is better

Have you been washing it in the past with liquid detergents? That will knock out the waterproofing preaty badly, and it may take a real good shot of the Revivex and a dose of dryer heat to set it in properly.

Hope so... it should do it.

I have 2 sets of Gander H20 gear, one light, one heavy insulated. Both do well in most rain and cold winds.

I retreated the back and knees of the bibs as well as the seat of the bibs on one set due to heavy use kitty guiding and repeated washings..even with powder washing will take it's toll over time. But they do the job for me yet after the treatment. I like the gear, very free moving and comfortable stuff.

FYI: All of the Cabela's Gore Tex gear is only recommended to be retreated with Revivex too....as per Gore Ind recommendations. Same is true for all Gore Tex boots.

I retract my earlier post ReviveX works great!

Yea I did wash with liquid detergent and I can atest to what you are saying it does nock out the water proofing.

Man, I have to get my dislexia in order grin

For starters the second treaetment worked great!! Did not need it though.

Now the rest of the story.

Well, I went to do the second treatment and I read the directions again. Low and behold there it was stating to "BE SURE TO DRY IN DRIER AT MEDIUM HEAT FOR 60 MINNUTES".

I swear it said to hang dry after treatment. Dislexia strikes again or is it the cosmos messing with me.

Either way I retract my earlier statement of dissapointment

I was able to test it today in on and off heavy downpoors for a good 2 hours

The water just beads off!

Thanks Ed for the input.

I'm glad you got my second post fishing frenzy.

I think it was 2 years they told me.

Now they have to come up with a spray or wash in for that shrinking waistline. Or is it the expanding waist line I seem to be getting as I get older. laugh

I'm glad you got my second post fishing frenzy.

I think it was 2 years they told me.

Now they have to come up with a spray or wash in for that shrinking waistline. Or is it the expanding waist line I seem to be getting as I get older. laugh

I'm just glad it worked for you! I was worried I'd have to make another investment in a new one. I'll keep my eyes open for the waistline spray grin

Thanks again!

FF

Great...I knew it would work, the heat time part of the retreating process is critical to set in the treatment fully, and in the future, skip the liquid detergents..power is the word.

Boots get neglected and the treatment really brings back there waterproofing and keeps them breathable. So...treat your Gore-Tex boots too, give them a shot and set in the direct sun if klunk'n and bang'n around in the dyer is not a plan. A hair dryer will speed up the process on the boots and focus the heat, be sure to do the tung of the boots. Gloves, hats...if it's Gore-Tex, it will treat it, spray and toss in the dryer.

A little D'Oh story...back a few years ago I retreated a rather expensive set of Cabela's Guide Wear Insulated rain gear...well they say heat...so a "Friend" suggested to iron it in to set it..BRILLIANT..right........Ah..nope...very BAD..PLAN...don't do that...nope....well that material is very tricky to iron and it scorches quickly and becomes brittle..so...skip the iron..stay with the dryer. It was an expensive mistake on my part. wink