• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cast Nets?

caocao

Is it illegal on the St. Croix? I saw some guys using one last week...

Not only is a cast net illegal on the St Croix but it is illegal to harvest bait from the St Croix.

Page 15 2009 Minnesota fishing Regulations:

Invasive Species Laws

- It is unlawful to: harvest bait (minnows, frogs, crayfish or other wild animals) from infested waters.

The St Croix is infested with zebra mussels and as such is off limits for harvesting bait.

I wonder if a Wisconsin angler could get by with a cast-net on the Croix if he was intending on using the bait in the Croix? I think you can dip-net your own bait in the Croix and use it while fishing can't you?

Cast-Nets are legal to harvest bait in other non-infested Wisconsin Waters correct?

I wonder if a Wisconsin angler could get by with a cast-net on the Croix if he was intending on using the bait in the Croix? I think you can dip-net your own bait in the Croix and use it while fishing can't you?

Cast-Nets are legal to harvest bait in other non-infested Wisconsin Waters correct?

I haven't reviewed the Wisconsing regs for a couple of years so I am not totally sure. I know a few years ago a Wisconsin resident licensed angler could harvest bait on the St Croix with a cast net. The last couple of years Wisconsin tightened their bait harvest and bait transport rules because of the Hemorragic Virus and they were even tighter about bait than Minnesota. The bait harvest rules in WI are pretty tight now so before harvesting bait there I would recommend reviewing their bait regulations.