Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishrman

***Minnetonka help***

9 posts in this topic

I went out to tonka last week and man the fishing was tough. I wanted to try milfoil fishing, but didn't catch a thing. Did it for hours. When milfoil fishing to target dirty water, clear, or stained? I tried weedlines, points, humps, channels, and couldn't pull more than 2 fish from any spot. Nothing over 2 pounds either. What am I doing wrong? Have ppl been doing better in clear or dirty water? Not looking for specific holes, but any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

If you wanted to switch things up, move to the deep weedline and try to find schools of bluegills...watch your graph. The bass should be close by.

We found a good bite late afternoon on a weekday.

DB

Tonka is one of those lakes where you just have to cover water sometimes in order to find a school of nice ones... you can catch them from 2'-20' of water. smile

I agree on bass from 2 - 20 ft of water. I have had some great days on Tonka this time of the year fishing in 15 - 20 ft of water. Key for me has been rock when fishing this deep. Look for humps with rock or small points on the big reefs with rock. It will take some time but it may well be worth it.

We had some crazy luck on the docks today right before the storm. I even picked up a 5 lbs fish. We caught over 25 in an hour and a half. All on a sinko. It was amazing how they just flipped a switch and turned on. We even picked up a 16" Smallie.

trophyeye. were you in a bay thats a color? only bay ive caught a smallie. just curious

Well there are two bays that are colors. I would say yes, but I am not saying which. The pattern was under lifts with big covers, boats that were completely out of the water and deeper weeds available. If we went to those areas we pulled 8 or 9 out, compared to other docks that we would pick up 1 or 2. I never fish bass so have fun boys and girls.

i know which one trophy. just curious. dont fish there much anymore. have only ever gotten a few smallies.