Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigWormin

Revo Toro question

7 posts in this topic

So I just picked up this reel and was looking it over and going through the manual. One of the pictures in the manual is the magnetic spool braking system, located on the side of the reel that the clicker is. I can't seem to get the cover off of the braking system, is it supposed to just pop off? Just curious on how that comes off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i'm hesitant to take a screwdriver to it quite yet.

the little screw that runs all the way across the spool will make it possible for you to get in there. I know this because mine loosened up on its own and my levelwind stopped working because some of the gears weren't engaging due to that being open.

Sorry the terms aren't technical but it's that long silver screw that runs across the top of your spool.

Bronze is spot on. If your really getting in there...I might suggest taking photos as you disassemble to know how things go back together. I know I've dealt with issues on other reels in the past and having the photos to look back on when assembling back together made it a lot easier. Good luck. I love my Toro.

Unscrew the screw on the top on the right side and the left plate twists open to allow acsess to the brakes, easy once you do it.

When removing the cover, make sure you do it well inside the boat, unlike Shimano reels, the cover comes completely off. Last thing you want is to drop the cover in the lake accidentally.

I have only used mine a few times and the other day the plastic support around the line guide bar broke anyone every have a problem with this? It cracked and the line caught in it while casting and broke.

Thanks guys! Put about 12 hours on the Toro so far this weekend, absolutely love it. Big time upgrade from what I had. Heading out again in an hour.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Don't worry Chuck......PF has your back.
    • It's just sooooooooo easy.
    • Speaking of Russia:   A timeline of recent events. 11/28/16 - " Trump’s campaign took him up on it in March. From those meetings, Nunes grew close with retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, a top Trump hand who has just been nominated to be the president-elect’s national security adviser. 2/13/- 1) Flynn gets recorded by Intel agencies, we know he discussed sanctions and 2) it was part of a "Peace Plan" involving Cohen, Sater and a Ukranian named Alex Oronov 3) who is now dead. 2/16 - Flynn faces no FBI charges Source 3/20 - Comey announces FBI investigation into members of Trump campaign. Repubs, including Nunes, spend a great deal of it concerned about Unmasking of Flynn from incidental collection. Source 3/22 - Nunes spends his week freaking out about possible incidental collection he's been told about from an unknown source, immediately warns Trump. Source Now to go back to January, Who happened to be at the Breakfast with Flynn in January involving Turkey? Nunes. Where did it happen? Trump hotel in Washington. Source  3/22 - The House Oversight Committee on Wednesday requested documents related to ousted National Security Adviser Michael Flynn from the White House, FBI, Department of Defense and Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Source 3/22 - Schiff now claims there's "More than circumstantial evidence of Collusion (Unrelated to Nunes new info) Source 3/23 - CNN story drops that "The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, The FBI is now reviewing that information, which includes human intelligence, travel, business and phone records and accounts of in-person meetings ." Source 3/24 - Nunes cancels 2nd open hearing with Intel Committee, seemingly for no reason. Source - Albeit today we learned Sally Yates was going to talk about Michael Flynn at this hearing. 3/24 - Manafort, Stone and Page all more or less simultaneously agree to speak with Intel Committee. Source 3/24 - National Inquirer (owned by Trump's friend) very oddly throws Flynn under the bus. Source 3/25 - Claim that Flynn may have cut a deal Source It seems Flynn may be spilling the beans here, which would not bode well for Trump.   Also I didn't even get to today's news about Kushner and Russia.     What do we know VEB? It ran a spy ring in New York City. Here's another fun coincidence:     Prosecuted by our now removed district attorney.
    •   Rentfree.   just because I don't play your stupid game you get all butthurt.     #goodolboysclub   You might want to watch yourself.....the elitists around here have spoken.
    • As I recall the rules say it is not permissible to discuss another member in the Forums.
    •     Might be a dangerous precedent...
  • Our Sponsors