• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Revo Toro question

So I just picked up this reel and was looking it over and going through the manual. One of the pictures in the manual is the magnetic spool braking system, located on the side of the reel that the clicker is. I can't seem to get the cover off of the braking system, is it supposed to just pop off? Just curious on how that comes off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i'm hesitant to take a screwdriver to it quite yet.

the little screw that runs all the way across the spool will make it possible for you to get in there. I know this because mine loosened up on its own and my levelwind stopped working because some of the gears weren't engaging due to that being open.

Sorry the terms aren't technical but it's that long silver screw that runs across the top of your spool.

Bronze is spot on. If your really getting in there...I might suggest taking photos as you disassemble to know how things go back together. I know I've dealt with issues on other reels in the past and having the photos to look back on when assembling back together made it a lot easier. Good luck. I love my Toro.

When removing the cover, make sure you do it well inside the boat, unlike Shimano reels, the cover comes completely off. Last thing you want is to drop the cover in the lake accidentally.