• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Grippers?

Question

I have them "Mickey Mouse" boots (Millitary issue boots) and was wondering if them Ice Grippers will fit on them? B/c them "Mickey Mouse" boots are so big.

------------------
FISHSTUNNER

10 answers to this question

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
For Mickey Mouse boots:
Large Ice Grippers - up to 8 (bootsize)
Extra Large 8 1/2 to - 10

After size 10 I do not think they will fit the Mickey well.

For Snowboots:
Regular {bootsize} to 8
Large 8 1/2 to 10
Extra Large 10 1/2 to - 12

For Regular boots:
Regular {bootsize} to 9
Large 9 1/2 to 12
Extra Large 12 1/2 to - 14

Click here to see the ice grippers and get more information

Darn! I have a size 12R and I don't think the grippers will work then.
I guess I will have to check into some different brands to find one that will fit and work well.

Thanks Rick for the info.

------------------
FISHSTUNNER

I use the HT rubber ones as well. They're under $10, and the XL size should fit OK. They stretch on and off easily, and the cleats, while shallow and suitable only for bare ice or less than an inch of snow on top, are all on the ball and toe of the foot, where they need to be.

Arctic Spurs are perfect for the Mickeys all my guys out east swear by em. I like the HT slipovers too but I have a habit of losing one of em occasionally with my Rockys. I have a size 12W and the Arctic Spurs are the best for Mickey's. It's a four prong square metal plate that is secured with flourescent green surgical tubing and S hooks never lost one yet. They center perfectly in your arch area of the boot. Here's a tip from a friend of mine.. on the Mickeys they don't really have any arch support. Get your self a good pair of 3/4 or full arch supports makes all the differece in the world when you do alot of walking, your feet will thank you...

I use size 12 wide Bunny's and tried several types of cleats, they all slipped so I dumped them.

This was my fix. Because of the thick natural rubber bottoms on bunny boots this works awesome!

Get some 1/4 raised head sheet metal screws and screw them into the lugs on both the heal and the for-foot.

You will be amazed at how well that works. They stay well and work on the nastiest ice you can find. They do not build up ice either, they clean right out. Just like carbide cleets but way cheaper Eh.

One warning though, do not walk on your floors at home with them, they will mess things up fast. You want to see a PO'ed wife, try that on her new kitchen linoleum once, Uf Da!

The other thing to watch is if you walk into a clay glazed tiled floor watch your step because they can skate some.

If you use the bunny's primarily in the great outdoors, as I do, you will love the traction this trick provides.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

Backwater Eddy- Sweet idea you have there I like it very much do you use the hex head 1/4" screws?
I'm thinking stainless here.

Always take you boots off before you hit that terrazo tile, ooooofffffaaaaa!

Thanks for the tip Eddy!

I went cheep, plain old sheet metal crews. They are on 3 years now and they have little wear. The regular sheet metal screw has a raised lip that works great for traction. You could go stainless I suppose, but I don't really see the need to.

Soap the threads before you zip them in just so they seat well and they will stick for good.

Take a good look at the bottom of your bunny's once and see where you place a lot of your weight by the lug wear.

Start at these points and zig-zag the studs around the lugs. I just took a peek at mine and I have 9 in the heal and 18 or so zig zag-ged across the front. I used a driver from a kit that has assorted bits. The screws fit into the driver head and make it no work at all to do, 10 min tops. Bada-Bing Bada-Boom, studded Bunny's!

Now you can go 0 to 10 mph to that tip up and stop once you get there too...Eh.

grin.gif

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 11-28-2002).]

Tim, Eddy

Had a friend of mine up from Missouri a couple years ago when we didn't have much snow. He was afraid of slip-sliding on the ice, and he did exactly what Eddy suggested -using hex head sheet metal screws, except - he wasn't wearing bunny boots.

He had a pair of slip-on type boots - maybe La Crosse brand. He had no problems w/ traction.

UG

Try not to over-tighten the screws. Only snug them up tell the start to pucker or they may strip. Just rub the threads with a bit of scrap soap and they pull in nice and stick.

Glad to hear you like them, it is a good answer for ice only boots.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 11-09-2003).]