Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

flasher battery

7 posts in this topic

Is there a good way to load test a 12v flasher type battery to determine which are still good?

And is it possible to ressurect a bad one?

If they are really dead...and they were good but maybe just not charged on schedule...put them on a good smart charger for up to 6 days.

I have seen many recover, it just takes a long time. If they do not hold there charge then...they be dead done deal.

If she be shot...don't dink around with a 7 amp battery to save a buck...not worth it...go to the 9 amp for a replacement. The 8 amp is better than the 7 but in this case more is most certainly better.

High watt flashers and underwater cameras need more amps, more reserve capacity, and quicker recovery charging, and a good 9 amp fills that bill best.

The best way to check them is to see how long they last. When you start noticing the run times diminish its time to replace.

Oddly enough I have had the best luck with the WERKER brand from batteries plus. Go Figure?

Thanks guys, I was kind of looking for a way to quickly test the batteries I have. Some sort of load test.

Since they are not a staring battery, Amp load testing may not do much good...they are designed for longevity of use.

The best test is charge it up fully, see how long it takes to drop to a unusable level for the device your using it on.

The best way to check them is to see how long they last. When you start noticing the run times diminish its time to replace.

Oddly enough I have had the best luck with the WERKER brand from batteries plus. Go Figure?

I also Jer have had good luck with these batteries.