• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

top water carpin!

broken_line

i went out tonight and got 3 28"+ carp on floating rapalas that i would cast past the floating school, reel in till it was on front of them, wait till it was a foot under than wham the drag would screeeeaammm.. anyone have any other techniques for getting floating carp??

i went out tonight and got 3 28"+ carp on floating rapalas that i would cast past the floating school, reel in till it was on front of them, wait till it was a foot under than wham the drag would screeeeaammm.. anyone have any other techniques for getting floating carp??

Yes, I pull my bow back, and let um have it! laugh

Sometime I get lucky and get two on one arrow.

Yes, I pull my bow back, and let um have it! laugh

That is my favorite way of doing it. wink

With a hook and line, a the smallest size orange/white or orange/gold rapala original floater is a hard one to beat. Like you said just under the surface. Day old breadstick peices also work well for topwater carp. Just watch out for the ducks and seagulls.

ive shot enough of the buggers this year already and just felt like trying something else and its wayyyyy more fun to hook into a 18 lber than its is to shoot them

I know what you mean, I was just playen with ya. laugh

I have done the top water for carp using a floating jig head, kinda like fly fishing.

ive shot enough of the buggers this year already and just felt like trying something else and its wayyyyy more fun to hook into a 18 lber than its is to shoot them

that is actually what made me quit bowfishing for good.

here is the story:

after a frustrating day of taking WAY to many shots (i only hit one, but i shot at about 30) i made a relization, i freaking suck at this. my dad was using a rod and reel at the time and he saw my frustration so he handed me his rod. i saw a nice fish right away and made a cast, i hooked up with the fish instantly and even though it was just a five-pounder, it kicked the snot out of shooting one and from then on i was addicted to roughfishing (catch and release)

now the only thing i'll shoot with a bow will be a 10 point buck (hopefully)